Sunday, April 11, 2010

making a conscious start to frivolous living

In a bid to start my aim to do as I please this year, what better way is there than to start shopping and buying things without thinking too much about it.

My shopping place of choice: eBay. I thought, since I'm saving up for an Epson projector that I'll get in June for my Wii, I'd get additional peripherals for my console. So I got an SD card Wii adapter, a cooling fan stand and two rechargeable batteries with dock. For a total cost of USD21.30. Sooooo much cheaper than if I had got the stuff off of Amazon. The whole Wii accessory-buying started because I received an email from Amazon about cool new stuff for the Wii. I was thinking of getting it from them and getting the stuff shipped via comGateway but then I did the wise thing and checked out eBay first. Saved me a ton.

Another thing I was looking at on Amazon which a couple of weeks ago was not available on eBay was the facial soap I've been using, Pelican Deitanseki Charcoal and Clay bar soap. The one I've been using is half-finished and I think it's been more than half a year since I started the bar. It's pretty pricey on Amazon, a lil bit over 12 bucks without shipping and that's to my US address. I would still have had to pay for shipping to my country after the fact. For the heck of it, I searched on eBay and found a seller from Japan (where the soap originates) and they offered S&H to my home country for a very reasonable USD4.50. Plus, the soap was selling for USD7.80 a bar. I thought, might as well get 2 at one go since they last so long and I won't have to think about replenishing for another two years. Total paid? USD22.60. Woohoo!

So those are the lil things I've been wanting but hesitated to buy previously. Although, I have to say I'm not done shopping online just yet. I have one major thing I'm waiting to buy from Target. I'm waiting for the Cynthia Vincent shoe collection to drop on April 18th so I can get the USD29.99 Gladiator Wedge in cognac. I'll be stalking the site on the day the collection goes on sale as I KNOW they'll be sold out as soon as it drops. In the process, since I want to qualify for free shipping, I might purchase something from the Liberty of London collection. I have my eye on the multi-coloured tunic and the mens blue long-sleeve shirt. It's an either or. Whatever is available the day I make the purchase. Can't wait!