Thursday, April 29, 2010

waiting for.....The Carrie Diaries

As I continue to feed my reading habit quicker than I can actually read the books, I am now eagerly awaiting the release date of Candace Bushnell's "The Carrie Diaries".


Based on the infamous Carrie Bradshaw of "Sex & The City" fame, this latest offering by Candace Bushnell reveals her backstory culminating in her arrival in NYC. I loved the series but have actually never read the book it was based on. Although my favourite character was a toss-up between Miranda and Charlotte, I was still very much invested in Carrie's adventures especially during the Aidan years.

I pre-ordered this book via The Book Depository 2 days ago. It was on a pre-release offer price of $8.07 and I just couldn't resist. At the time I completed transaction there were 2 days left before the book's release but today, I checked my order status and it reads 'Awaiting Publication' which probably means the books aren't quite released just yet.

Hopefully it'll be out sometime soonish so I can get my hands on it when I drop by homeland next month.