Sunday, April 4, 2010

off to the races!

Well, this is it - my first F1 race post-Kimi Raikkonen era. I can't help the slight feelings of betrayal I'm experiencing but I don't deny I'm excited as well. Kimi will always remain the F1 driver who cemented my great love for the sport, the one I rooted for wholeheartedly. His successes were my successes, his disappointments, I felt like my own. But today, today I'm going for the pure enjoyment of F1.

I'll be decked out in Mercedes GP gear. I actually bought an official Mercedes Petronas GP tee with Schumi's name on the left breast and his car number emblazoned on the back in red. I'm sporting this tee with my other two sisters. We decided to support Mercedes in honour of the Malaysian GP title sponsor Petronas. We're also going to be rooting for Lotus F1 cause of the Malaysian connection.

Other than that, I'll probably give a few shout-outs for Lewis as well. He's the only other driver out of the rest of the bunch I can stomach the thought of.

I'm excited for the race, I've completely missed the high whine of an F1 engine, I miss the dueling on the track, I miss the spirit of competition. I've missed you F1 and I'm glad to be back in the fold. Let's go racing!