Saturday, April 17, 2010

as i'm still waiting.....

for the Cynthia Vincent For Target collection to drop tomorrow, I, of course, have had too much time on hand (been on holiday since Wednesday celebrating the Asian version of new year) and have trawled practically ALL my usual online hangouts till I'm bored outta my skull.

Long holidays with nothing better to do than online shopping gets old when you start thinking about the, very real, dollars that start to add up. That's the danger of shopping with plastic, you don't see the hole you've dug yourself into till your waaaay deep in it. Anyways, frivolous as I'm supposed to be, I'm still trying to keep it within reason. I mean, I'm not curbing my desires to get things that I want but I really do make sure I definitely want them before I get them.

The last coupla days I've been visiting Gilt, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Wal-Mart, Target, Rue La La, 6pm.com, Piperlime, Gap, Old Navy, Macys, Shopbop, Revolve Clothing, Net-A-Porter, Ideeli and JCrew; and playing click the things I think I want into the shopping cart and see if we'll buy it. So far, I haven't gotten anything since my last buy. I put things in the cart then I just play a game of chicken of sorts to see if I'll press the 'Checkout' button. I put together a collage of pieces I have in my shopping basket at Forever21.com :)


I've also been doing recon on Target. The shoes qualify as part of the retailer's buy over $50 and get free shipping promo so I've been combing through the site trying to figure out the best possible combination of products that will total the nearest to 50 bucks. Yes, rather than pay the shipping fees for a USD29.99 shoe, I'd rather spend an additional amout that equals $20.01 or more to qualify my purchase for free shipping. I have this hangup about having to pay for shipping. I can't believe the amount of time I've spent going through Target.com looking for the right products to be able to complete the 50 bucks limit. In the end I settled for Silicone Solutions 6-cup muffin tray, Goody's Jojoba hair brush and a box of Slim Fast Snack Bars Nutty Chocolate Chew. My total, with shoes, will come to $3.96 over 50 bucks.

I cannot wait for April 18 because the more time I have to fret about getting the shoes, the more I try to take my mind off of them by going to other sites and looking at things. The more I do that, the more I want to buy stuff. Right now, I'm able to hold off on the madness. Currently, the only thing I'm committed to, aside from the Target shoes, is a bid I have on a 16GB Micro SD no-name brand card on eBay. I don't win it, I don't mind. The bid is just a way to scratch that purchasing itch I seem to constantly have. Also, if I don't get the shoes, or if April 18 comes and goes and its still not available on Target.com, I'm not going to get the other things I set aside. My aim is only the shoes, I WANT the shoes. The deal is to only get things that I really want. I can live without the rest.

Ugh, I can't believe I'm actually wishing for it but Monday, please come by soon because I cannot take any more of this time off, it's making me BUY crazy!