Sunday, April 18, 2010

to stem the overflow.....

of happy hormones from my latest Target buy and deflect me from making an impulsive purchase, I thought I'd mosey on along to Amazon.com instead and get myself something I truly needed and wanted.

I signed up for the Amazon Prime membership tryout last month and April 17 US time is my last day for the trial membership. I opted for non-renewal so decided to take advantage of the free 2-day shipping for the last time.

If you noticed, I decided not to get the Silicone Solutions 6-cup muffin tray and the Slim Fast Snack Bars from Target. I opted instead for just the Goody Jojoba Cushion Brush and the EOS Organic 4 piece lip balm. That brought the total to just over 50 bucks. The muffin tray was not inclusive in the free shipping deal so I decided not to get it from there. I didn't really want to get any beauty stuff cos I had said in a post few weeks back I didn't wanna buy any more beauty things but I really wanted my free shipping and organic lip balm is the lesser of the evils in my option list. Plus, I can give 'em as gifts :)

Since I really wanted those silicon bake tray, I had done recon at Amazon 2 days ago and had seen the free shipping with Amazon Prime sign for the exact same product. I went back and did a search and decided on something better and cheaper. Instead of a 6-cup tray, I went for the 6 piece reusable cups on sale for $7.99. Since the price was sooo good, I got 2!


As can be seen, I also decided to stock up on blister balm because my Dr Scholl blister stick was used as a toy by my darling nephew who rubbed it all over a hair brush till only a nub is left. Thanks, Miksy, thanks a lot. It was amusing that his mother proceeded to use the 'balmed' hair brush and got all that gunk on her hair. It was not amusing that I cannot get that balm anywhere else in Asia hence having to order a 4-pack from the States.

Ok, I'm feeling calmer on the whole shopping front, don't feel the need to get the black gladiator wedges as much. I'm still waiting for my sister to come online to convince me either which way on getting another pair but it's definitely leaning towards a 'No' at this point. Plus, just saw pics of the hue I bought on one of my fave haunts, The BudgetBabe, who did a post on Off The Rack Cynthia Vincent collection at her local Target. Her personal pics taken of the exact same shoes I got (which she also got) reaffirmed my choice of colour. Love it!