Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Barnes and Noble, you have TRULY redeemed yourself

Yes, I readily admit my renewed love for b&n.com. For a while there, I thought you had fallen into your old ways but alas, I judged too soon. My 2 packages have arrived. The first package to reach was the single hard cover Jane Green's "Second Chances". I was pleasantly surprised to see the lone book get there first. But then, the bigger package with the 9 remaining books were foremost on my mind. Would it reach here trouble free? Will there be a discrepancy in my order? Will I have to start emailing customer service again?

All these concerns swirled in my mind. I felt resigned to the fact that I would likely have an issue on hand. But you did not disappoint. You took up the challenge to change my opinion of you. You brought your A-Game! The second package arrived with all orders intact. You made sure the job was done right this time. So, I will now declare my unreserved love for you, b&n.com. You came through for me and for that, I will reward you with repeat business :)