Thursday, July 30, 2009

when hit by the (pms) blues.....shop your way to a better mood

Hmmmm, maybe I should consider a career change. Focus on creating advertising catchphrases instead of maintaining databases and running interference between the different government ministries' technically challenged staff and the system they run.

Yea, I've been majorly pms-ing. I've been behaving in a completely bitchy manner the past few days, especially to one colleague in particular. His ways are just completely rubbing me the wrong way this week and even he has reached the end of his patience quota and actually outright asked what was wrong with me :P I told him to mind his own damn business. But in a much more polite yet sarcastic way. He's avoided me since.

Anyways, I did some shopping today. Dropped USD335.45 at StrawberryNet.com. Not all the stuff was mine, 3 of the items in the list belong to each of my sisters. The other 3 are mine. Ironically enough, I bought the Calvin Klein perfume gift set for the colleague I've been abusing all week. He's such a perfume freak and CK One is a scent he likes but has never owned so I thought I'd give him the miniatures. For my own personal use, I decided to get the Benefit creaseless cream eyeshadow/liner in Towne cos I want to practice my smoky eyes technique. Which is non-existent so I really do need the practice. And for 10 bucks, it's well worth the price. Also got the Benefit Get Bent liner brush for 13 dollars from it's original price of 20 bucks. Figured if I was going to do some eye experimentation, might as well get the right tools for the job. Wanted to purchase the big kabuki brush as well but by the time I got to the site today, they were all sold out I guess.


And I can blame my eldest sis for that. The reason we were all shopping there was because I received a 7.5% "come-shop" discount from the company. Inclusive of the loyalty discount and the buy-3-items-and-above discount, I got a 15.5% discount off our grand total. Hence why I extended the shopping offer to both my sisters.

My eldest, who held the rest of us up and caused us to lose out on some deals, ended up getting the Natura Bisse regenerative cream from their diamond range. She's a longtime La Mer user but had heard good things about the sister line so decided to take a dip in the Natura Bisse pool. Her cream alone was USD252.50 without discount. That's a whopping price I can't see myself spending on a jar of glob but I've learned to avoid saying never say never.

My other sis went for the Bobbi Brown compact foundation and the L'Occitane Immortelle eye cream. She was just bitching to me that earlier this morning the cream was on special offer for USD33 but at the time I checked out, the price was USD41 sans discount. I told her to blame my other sis for the delay that caused her to lose out on the 8 bucks gain.

All in all, a pretty fruitful day of online shopping. I simply love bargains and when you get a discount on top, it makes the whole shopping expereince that little bit more special. And I'm less irritated as a result. PMS getting you down? Ease 'em away with some retail therapy. Buy yourself a treat and at the same time, your money spent helps bolster the economy. Win-win for everyone.