Wednesday, July 8, 2009

i covet.....a whole bunch of looks from the forthcoming anna sui for target collection

For as long as this blog has been in existance, I believe I've made my love for Target's Go International designer line collaborations very clear. I first fell in love with the Rogan designs. I was just becoming more environmentally concsious and loved how the Rogan line made organic apparel look so fashionable. I didn't manage to get anything from the Rogan line as all the Targets I went to during my Stateside trip (believe me, my trip was filled with numerous trips to numerous Targets on both the west and east coast) seemed to not stock, or had run out, of the Rogan line. However, it put the diffusion collaborations on my radar and when I found out that a line with Botkier would be made, I knew I would want to own a piece of that if there was one that caught my eye. And there was and get I did.

Since my first purchase of the Botkier large black satchel in November of last year, I have steadily been collecting the odd piece from the different Go! collaborations. I now own, aside from the Botkier, a piece from Anya Hindmarch as well as one from the Hayden Harnett line. There have been others since then but I do have some semblance of personal restraint to not go out and buy something from each diffusion line (although I did completely love the Alexander McQueen tiger stripe tee).

The collaboration I'm looking forward to most this year is the Anna Sui For Target collection which will be available in 250 select stores and Target.com from September 13 through to October 17. Seeing the preview piccies of the clothes made me salivate and squee with joy. I saw many different outfit combinations that I would, based on the online pics of course, put down my hard-earned dosh to purchase.


The Anna Sui line is inspired by the hit TV show Gossip Girl. Apparently, there will be 4 different collections to suit the four different female personalities on the show. Each is suppose to loosely mirror the personal styles of Serena, Blair, Jenny and Vanessa. On first glance, I find myself attracted to quite a few of Blair's pieces but my ultimate fave actually comes from the lone Jenny look I have above. The whole ensemble is fantastic but I am particularly loving the look of the black overcoat worn by the model and would love to be seen beating the pavements of London in this coat when I go on my trip in October. I face the usual problem of finding someone to ship my purchases to. I seem to have taken advantage of too many sources this year and I don't want to tire them out with my relentless online shopping in case there's a super mega item that I want really, really badly. At this point, I covet but I still can live without it. We'll wait and see how I feel when the time is nearing for the Europe trip.