Thursday, July 2, 2009

the view on.....Pelican Deitanseki Soap

I have been using this soap for a week as my daily cleanser and I am going to go out on a limb here and proclaim this to be my HOLY GRAIL faical cleansing bar.

I absolutely love this soap. A wash with this soap leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and, most importantly, matte for hours on end. It also miraculously has gotten rid of my persistant blackheads. I have had blackheads on my nose since forever and have used every nose pore strip and cleanser that purports to rid me of this bane of my face's existance and none have permanently worked. With 2 days use of the soap and suddenly I have a clear nose. I can't see the blackheads. It's as if I lathered my face with the magic suds, washed and blackheads be gone!

It has also managed to improve the texture of my skin. I can see a marked difference in the shrinking of the larger pores around the side of my nose. The reviews I read beforehand all mainly reported that this soap will draw out all sorts of gunk from your face and leave you with unclogged pores. I thought back then that the claim just seemed too good to be true but after experiencing it first hand, I too have to continue the tradition of giving this wonder soap a glowing review.

Although some others who have used this soap reported a slight drying effect, I find that I do not have that problem. My skin doesn't feel extra tight after washing. I only come away feeling my face has been thoroughly cleansed.

The soap is a product of Japan and is made out of kaolin clay and charcoal. The smell is really pleasant. The soap suds up beautifully and it doesn't take much to get a good lather. It works well with cold and warm water. The price is a little bit more expensive than my Basis soaps. It cost USD9.95 for a huge 150g bar but completely value for money. I'm definitely L-O-V-I-N-G it!!!!!