Wednesday, July 22, 2009

if cheap chic is your thing then this is where you should go

For the past week, aside from all my emotional turmoil, I have been online at odd hours of the day looking for new style inspirations. I can't really remember how I happened upon this site but it's truly a gem of a find.

Fashion Under $100 is a website created by Dana from Philadelphia Pennsylvania. The concept of the site is stylish looks for under $100. Not just a tee or a pair of pants for under a hundred but actual complete looks, most inclusive of footwear and accessories (i.e: handbag, belts, jewelry). Dana's site does celeb styles for less as well as reader submissions.

After spending hours and days on her site, looking through each profile she's done, I love pretty much all the alternatives she's managed to scrounge together when it comes to the celebrity styles. Most are comparable to the actual outfits. Her own stylist intuition when recommending looks to her blog followers are also in the same vein of stylish chic.

I admire the effort it takes her to scour through the vast world of retail Internet as well as brick-and-mortar stores to come up with the stylings. I'm not sure how she does it, to have to sift through tons and tons of info to get the right items to put together the closest look.