Wednesday, July 22, 2009

i covet.....practically all of YSL's handbags

The "Roady" is just gorgeous. Functional and stylish and in the most perfect hobo shape. The original "Muse" is simply divine and a classic. The "Muse II" is completely awesome but reminds me of my Bayswater or a Birkin. The "Tribute" is a pretty treat. And the beautiful satchel that is "Rive Gauche" is simply stunning and is my most favourite.

I want to own all these bags from Yves Saint Laurent. Not since I discovered Bottega Veneta have I wanted to own a couture piece this badly. I still lust over Bottega but they are simply waaaay out of my price point. There's no way I can drop 2K, which is the average pricing, on a leather handbag no matter how excellent the Italian craftsmanship is.

Perhaps that's why I have set my sights slightly lower to acquire an YSL piece instead. Although still in the high-end of the pricing structure, I think I am able to spread out payments over 3-4 months and be able to pay it all off. Most pieces start at around $1500, which I feel is still within reason.

I would love to get the "Roady" because it would be fantastic as an everyday bag and completely large enough to fit all my bits and bobs. However, the pricing is still an unknown factor. I've been scouring the web for this bag and it seems as if it's not available as yet. I saw it on the shoulder of an Olsen twin. She probably got it as a gift from the design house's upcoming, and as yet, unreleased collection. Boo on celebs for their fantastic perks!

If price was not an object, I would definitely get a "Muse II" in an exotic skin. But it is so I would have to look for something less ambitious. Which excludes the "Rive Gauche" as a candidate as well. I guess, if I was really going to go for it without breaking the bank, it'll most likely be the "Tribute". I've seen some pieces on Overstock.com that sell for a lil less than USD1200 so that would still be ok. But I'm in that frame of mind where I'm totally bag-crazy from seeing the gorgeous pics of the "Roady". Once I come off of that high, I'll most likely be back to being sensible and not think bags that start at 1.5K are still reasonable or that anything over 1K is considered cheap :P