Saturday, July 25, 2009

where most of my salary disappeared to

It started in April, trickled into May, gained momentum and stratosphered in June and kept going in July. That's the story I tell people when they comment about the amount of new stuff I have :)

Finally got round to making a collage of some of the items I bought. Most of the stuff was bought last weekend. However, except the blue belt worn with the yellow dress, the black jeans, the pleated front high-waisted blue jeans and the black leather vest which used to belong to my dad, ALL of the clothes worn are new.

I especially love my "members only" style denim jacket. I'm also extremely excited about all my maxi dresses. I think I've bought 6 in the past 3 months, 4 of which were puchased last Saturday. That same day I also wrangled 3 pairs of cardies in monochrome colours (black, white and gray) as well as two long tank tops, a long-sleeved H&M violet dress, a long-sleeved Abercrombie striped shirt, a black elastic belt with metal clasp, brown Xhilaration vest and a really soft H&M striped tee.


As can be seen, I played dress up and took a few photos of the outfit combos I came up with. I do this all the time when I've gotten something new. Of course, what would dress up time be like if we didn't go the whole nine yards, right? So, out came my Mossimo gladiator heels, my black patent platforms and my Gisele Bundchen Ipanema gold slippers.

Out of all the outfits above, I particularly like the black jeans, blue/white striped tee, leather vest and gladiator heels combo which I term my my rocker chick interpretation. I also like how the the yellow H&M dress complements my skintone. My tie-dye maxi dress by Xhilaration as well as the soft gray cardigan it's paired with are also two of my more favoured pieces from my haul last weekend.

And thus it can be concluded, this is why I only have less than 10 dollars to spend for the rest of the month! But I'm not complaining, I have all these pretty things and that's what it's all about!