Saturday, August 8, 2009

good starts

After a week of being sleep deprived, my body clock has started to wind down to a more tolerable routine, leaving me less irritable during the day. Great!

On Saturdays, I don't set my alarm and leave it to my body to wake itself up whenever she wants. It's nice if I was one of those people who could sleep in till 10, 11, 12 but I'm not. Most definitely, my internal alarm clock will wake me at between 7 to 8 am. It's just programmed that way.

This lovely Saturday morning, I was woken up at 7.10. I opened my eyes and the first thought that entered was what a good, restful sleep it was. One of my morning habits is to check my downloads that I leave on overnight; the best time to download stuff is when everyone is asleep, no one else to hog your bandwidth and your downloads finish ASAP. And to my delight, the movie and the several hundred ebooks I was downloading had all completed. Yes, I'm a torrent user, like most of the internet-savvy population.

After spending the next hour and a half, lounging in bed while surfing the net, visiting my favourite online hangouts, getting up-to-date on my hollywood celeb gossip and making my daily pilgrims to my de rigeur fashion hotspots, I decided to make myself some delicious smoked salmon sandwiches (sliced smoked salmon, sliced cheddar, freshly ground black pepper and toasted white bread) and down it with my daily cup of Nescafe Cappucino Choco Noisette in Hazelnut. It's been my breakfast of choice for the past 4 days. I'm still not bored of it. I think I could possibly live on a breakfast of smoked salmon sandwiches for a year. The Nescafe, however, well, it's a bit mild for my taste. Don't get me wrong, it's nice but I prefer more kick in my coffee, it's a lot on the light side. But I spent close to 9 bucks on a tin of it and I'll be damned if I'm not going to scoop every last micro-granule into my cup every morning till its empty.

It's now 9.56 am, the tv is switched on to "Bones" in the background, and I've resumed lounging in bed while surfing. The relaxed day looms ahead, I might go to the markets later, but only once I've given my tailor a call to see if the dress I commissioned is ready for pick-up. Other than that, this day is meant for lazing around and doing nothing in particular. What a perfect beginning to my weekend.

UPDATE:
Just came back from the market. My dress turned out fantabulous, I LOVE IT. Worth the 8 bucks I paid for tailoring. I got the fabric from my mum, it's 4 metres of white cotton for about 6 dollars I think. So, essentially, it became a $14 maxi dress. And it's simply gorgeous. If I'm not too lazy, I will dress up and post pics. Might as well record it while it's still white and new.

Also, managed to haul back another stripey tee to add to my already burgeoning striped tee collection and a simple gray long-sleeved tee that looked so comfortable. Nearly gave in and bought a granny-style cardi, it was cute but I refrained. Already purchased 3 cardies in 2 weeks, the buying has to stop sometime. Wish clothes could be downloaded for free off of the internet. Then life would be close to perfect :D