Thursday, August 27, 2009

playful suits

Playsuits, rompers, jumpsuits. The trend has multiple names but let's just call it what it is; a onesie :). Ok, despite my mocking the style, I actually pretty much like it. I love the concept of not having to think about mixing and matching your tops to your bottoms cos it's all sewn together. I'm quite lazy most days and prefer simplicity. I hate having to stand in front of my cupboard on workdays contemplating my outfits. There are times when I just can't make those snappy decisions and take ages to mull over the choices while thinking, "God, I just don't have any clothes" in front of my, while relatively organized, bursting closet.

I mentioned awhile back that I would love to try this trend but hadn't found one that I liked. Well, that situation has changed. It may have taken me 2 months since that post to actually buy into it but in this case it is a better late case. I managed to find the exact type of playsuit that I talked about.

I was just scouring ebay for fun this last week and just searched for playsuits on a whim. I have been doing this periodically since May and have come across quite a few but none that really caught my fancy. Most were with harem styled pants and well, I don't think I have the thighs to carry that particular style off :). At least I'm honest about my shortcomings. Anyways, this time, as I looked through the search results, I came across this bandeau top playsuit in black. When I had described my perfect jumpsuit in the abovementioned post, THIS was the suit I had in mind.

Since it was an auction and it just started when I first found it, I waited till there was a few hours left before putting in my bid and my good luck prevailed. I am now the proud owner of this gorgeous playsuit:


I think it's winning point is in its simplicity. I'm not one of those into fanciful patterns. I'm not that much of a fashion victim and know what works for me and what won't and a patterned jumpsuit is a "won't work". In total, I paid AUD34.98 inclusive of shipping and handling as well as insurance. That's pretty much a bargain. And the fact that it's cotton is a big plus. I love that I can just chuck it into the washer without having to worry it's gonna get ruined. I was eyeing this other piece but it was dry clean only so it kinda fell out of favour with me.

Anyways, I'll be able to get my hands on it when I go back later next month. I'm curious to see how the look actually pans out on me. Of course, I'll also make sure it'll look presentable on yours truly regardless in the event the suit au naturel doesn't work so well. Am thinking adding a wide studded belt would pull the look together even more and I know just the belt for it. So "Forever 21", here I come! Maybe if it all works out and the whole look is good enough, it might go all the way to Europe with me ;) Anyways, it's midnight, I am beat, time to sign off.