Friday, August 21, 2009

sniff, sniff.....goodbye old friend

So my tendencies to run in melodrama mode apparently is not affected by my insomnia. It's nothing serious. I sold off my Nokia e61i to my colleague today and just thought I'd do a goodbye post.

You served me well, babe. You will always, ALWAYS, have a place in my "Fave Smartphone Hall of Fame" cos of your complete and total awesomeness. And the fact that besides you and N97, there really isn't any other phone on the list as yet.


But seriously, that phone is wicked. It's been a great phone for me and I love it with all my heart but it just doesn't make sense to me to own two smartphones. I wouldn't feel nice if I let a phone with E61i's capabilties to play second fiddle to N97. Plus, it went to a good person. He's coveted it as long as I've had it. I couldn't have sold it to a better person whom I know will treat it with the love and respect it deserves. Don't doubt that you will be missed. Muahs :)

P.S:
As I'm typing this post, James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover" song is playing in my head as an accompaniment. In my head, people! For a post lamenting the sale of my old phone! How completely weird am I? Geez, the non-sleeping has to stop.

UPDATE 24/08:
Was talking to my colleague this morning and he was telling me that he couldn't sleep the night I gave him the phone cos he was sooooo excited to have it. It's amusing cos he's this married dude who's a bit of a bear and to hear him say he's losing sleep because of my ex-phone, it just plants a funny picture in my head. And he's been busy customizing it to his needs. On a side note, the pic above was the last picture I took of my ex-phone using my SE K750i. That E61i still looks like it did when it left the shop over a year and a half ago. We can thank the seran wrapping for that. I also have to mention the image quality of my SE K750i is still superb. Just take a look at the close-up shot below of the E61i's keypad.


Good ain't it? Well, as wonderful as my SE still is, I cannot wait to get my hands on my new phone. The numeric keypad is killing me, I need my QWERTY (put in a lil LP ref there :P) fix ASAP!