Monday, August 24, 2009

i just want to sleep

Seriously. I badly want to sleep. I have no clue why it's been sooo difficult for me to get some decent shuteye. Cumulatively, for the past 4 days, I have only had a total of 9 hours sleep. Over four days. 9 hours. For real, y'all :P

My brain's feeling completely muggy. I mean if I'm not dealing with large amounts of data at work I probably could deal with the sleeplessness but it's stressing me out that I'm not completely mentally alert at work cos at a slip of a finger, major catastrophy can happen. I do not want that on my hands.

I'm just completely wiped. My body is tired, my brain is stuffy but I just can't seem to fall asleep for more than 2 hours. And this has been happening with increasing frequency this year. I've been wondering if it's food-related. I'm not sure what part of my diet is not conducive for sleeping. I avoid caffeine in the evenings so it can't be my morning coffee consumption. I've trained myself to down only one cup a day. The caffeine buzz couldn't have lasted more than 24 hours. And it's that lame Nescafe Mocchacino Hazelnut mix which BARELY has a hint of coffee. Maybe I'm severely underestimating its effects? I dunno. What I do know is I need some good nighttime sleep to come by soon cos I'm on the brink of going bonkers from the lack of it.

This post is just to get my sleep deprivation frustrations out. I don't particularly think venting about it will help solve the problem. In fact, I'm just hoping my body clock will just reset itself. As in soon, preferably by today. I don't believe in the use of pharmaceuticals to aid in sleep. I guess, I avoid medication unless it's really necessary. It's just to err on the side of caution. You hear all these stories about pill addiction and all so better to be.....sleep deprived than addicted to pills? No, that came out all wrong. Let's just say it's not good to be either. Perhaps a doctor's visit is in order. Maybe a physician will know what's up.