Thursday, August 6, 2009

questioning taste

Apparently, I have appalling taste in handbags and watches. I mean, I may not be the most fashionable of people but I believe I know enough to not appear as much of a fashion victim. I fancy myself more of a fashion user.

But when I approached both my sisters with my desire to own the Rebecca Minkoff MAB bag, they balked at my "old lady" tastes. I was baffled. It seriously left me reeling in disbelief that a bag that I looked at and kept loving with every viewing, could appear so horrible to them. If it were only one of them, I could naturally disregard their opinion but BOTH of them don't appear to like it one bit.

So, after much consideration between Foley + Corinna's Mid City Tote and the Michael Kors Goldtone Chronograph, I decided, I'll go for the watch. I've been coveting it for more than a year after all and I found a site that was selling it for $200 with free shipping. The fact that it's a small item also works in its favour as then I don't have to burden my boss with a large package to carry back. I put forth my second choice.....and it got rejected once again. I mean, to me, this is a beautiful timepiece but to my sisters; gaudy. I just can't win with them. And another lust bites the dust.

In the end, I decided to just get myself a new pair of Fitflops. I found a site that had a pair of the FitFlop Walkstar Jellied Thongs going for USD39.90. I'm getting it in strawberry cos it looks pretty good and is a better choice than the pistachio slippers. And since I'm already ordering footwear, I thought I'd add in some footcare products and get the HealthyToes toe stretcher to alleviate my chronic bunion issues. I actually want the original YogaToes but they don't sell those at the site I was at and I'm aversed to having my boss receive more than the one package so HealthyToes it is. As long as they do the deed they advertise, I am more than okay with going for the second-to-the-throne so to speak.