Monday, August 31, 2009

sad day, part 1

It's been quite a harrowing week for me. I found out my uncle (my dad's brother) was diagnosed with stage 3 liver cancer the past week. He contracted Hepatitis B and by the time he was diagnosed, the virus had turned his liver cells cancerous. The doctor said that since it's stage 3, he had a chance to fight the cancer.

However, early yesterday morning, I recieved a call from my sis saying my uncle had collapsed and was admitted to the hospital. Later that evening, he passed away. I wish I was back home so I could have seen him before he left. The small part that makes me happy and grateful is that his family; his mum and siblings, wife, children and grandchildren, nephews and nieces were able to see him and spend time wih him before he passed.

I apologize to my sister for making it difficult for her to tell me the news. I had been keeping in touch with my family all through the day yesterday but when I saw the international number flashing on my phone last night, I just knew it wasn't going to be good news. I'm sorry sis for not allowing you to tell me. I was just really sad and not letting you verbalize it made it seem less real. I know it was hard for you to make that call to me and I didn't mean to make it harder.

My condolences go out to his family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Uncle L, you were so loved and there is no doubt you'll be missed terribly. May you rest in peace.