Saturday, August 15, 2009

my ideal man

This shouldn't come as much of a big revelation to me since the signs were all there but evidently it is only now occurring to me that, and I just realized this today, that 99% of the time I am attracted to men of Jewish descent.

There's just something about the dark hair, wide forehead, prominent nose, shaggy brows, furry (almost always) body and overall paleness that just makes me swoon. I'd faint if they are in the 6 feet and above category. I have no idea why this is so.

What brought about this sudden burst of enlightenment? Watching Eli Roth talking about his role as Sgt. Donny "The Bear Jew" Donowitz in Quentin Tarantino's "Inglorious Basterds" on Jimmy Kimmel. He raised his caterpillar-sized eyebrow at one point and I salivated. And seeing a poster of Donny Donowitz looking all menacing and ready for a beat-down. I'm looking at that poster and I find myself feeling all hot and bothered. He looks so frickin hot in those promo posters! The only thing that doesn't bode well with me is Eli Roth's on the mouthy side. I'm afraid he'd offend my sensibilities too much and it'd wear down the attractiveness.


I've made no secret of my unabating (and totally unrequited) love for Linkin Park's Rob Bourdon. Everything about him makes me want to jump him. He's tall (6'4"), he's currently got dark hair that's flopping all over the place when he's doing his job (although I preferred skin-head Rob), he can raise an eyebrow provocatively, his arms are massive from all that drumming and are completely sexy, he rocks a stubble like no other and he's got the strong, silent persona down to a mighty sexy tee. My secret (and completely unrealistic) dream is to get to make out with him. Once will do, I'm not greedy. I'd cherish that moment forever. Rob, call me, make my dreams come true! Ok, yea, I'm infatuated so sue me!


Zachary Quinto rocks my boat as well. I tell ya, all the hair on these men is somehow a turn on. And Zachary has loads of it. He must have to shave A LOT. So sexy as Sylar. How can a man portraying a sadistic serial murderer come across as sexy? I don't know but I was mighty jealous of Elle (Kirsten Bell's character) when they had their tete-a-deux moment during the eclipse episode last season. He even managed to make the nerdy side of Sylar endearing. Tortured Sylar is so hot.


Another guy I adore is B.J. Novak who's most notably recognized as Ryan from "The Office". He too rocks the whole criteria, albeit, at a slighter build. He was totally cute while he was punkd-ing Hilary Duff during that driving test. So much an everyday crush type with the normal build and all. But he did bulk up a bit for his role in "Inglorious Basterds". And just like Rob, or Rob copied him since B.J.'s always had the do as far back as I can remember, he's sporting that floppy fringe look which is just completely adorable and swoon-worthy.


As can be seen from all the images I've posted, all the men have similar facial characteristics. I simply love that shot of Rob looking down at god only knows what. He looks so shy and endearing. And that Eli Roth "Inglorious Basterds" poster. He can come and get me anytime. I love that shot of Zach Quinto laughing at something during a press conference for "Star Trek". And doesn't B.J. Novak look dashing in that last picture. The dark hair, the eyebrows, the nose. All of them, all so cute! But Rob wins out over the rest :) The glasses get me EVERY TIME!

How has this realization helped me? None at all. There's a shortage of my "type" here where I work and back home where I was born. The males in this area of the world are mainly metrosexual types. More effiminate than manly. Too much hair product all around. Generally poncy men. Sigh. I think I need to relocate :)

DISCLAIMER: All images are not owned by moi, I got them through the wonderful Google Image. Credit goes to the individual sites I got them from, which I unfortunately can't seem to trace back in my overeagerness to complete this post.